How to make your iPhone faster
If your touchscreen responds slowly, inconsistently, or doesn’t respond at all, follow these steps.
If your iPhone’s not properly displaying app updates or if it’s acting slow, there’s a weird — and incredibly simple — thing you can do that could fix it.
We first saw the trick over at AppAdvice, though the first person to discover it out appears to be developer Zachary Drayer.
Here’s what you do:
First, go into the App Store.
Then, tap one of the buttons at the bottom — it doesn’t matter which — 10 times quickly in succession. You must tap the same button 10 times.
You’ll see a blank screen like this for just a second.
That’s it! You’ve now successfully reset your App Store’s cache, emptying out the temporary storage that can cause your phone to act sluggish or cause your apps to fail to update.
We tried the trick in several Apple apps to see how it worked.
We found that the tap-ten-times trick worked in stores, like iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store. It also worked in the Apple Watch app. It didn’t work for us in Podcasts, Music, Game Center, iMessage, or Phone.
Kill Automatic Background Processes
1. Turn off Automatic Updates. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > and turn Updates off. If you spend a lot of time uploading Music, Apps and Books you might want to turn off those as well.
2. Turn off Background App Refresh. Tap Settings > General > Background App Refresh.
Make sure that your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:
1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
3. Unplug your device.
4. Restart your device. If you can’t restart it, you can force restart your device.
If your touchscreen still doesn’t respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple 6. Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Adjust your settings for 3D Touch
If you have an iPhone 6s or later that isn’t responding properly to 3D Touch presses, you can adjust the settings:
1. Go to Settings > General.
2. Tap Accessibility > 3D Touch.
3. Then adjust the sensitivity of the setting.